Friday, December 24, 2010

Novel writing

When I started writing a novel, using Word, I found that I could not stop reading, re-reading and editing the chapter I wrote. Word allowed me to reflect back and see my edited work. I just did not make any progress, and what progress I did make, I would continually edit and adjust to fit the evolving story line.

I very quickly realized my Novel was in danger of becoming a write-off instead of a work of fiction. What I need is an editor that would allow me to write scenes, but only view the scene I am working on. I need something dedicated to the way I think.

I found a variety of authoring tools on the internet, some were very impressive, whilst others not so much. Those that I did find useful were packed with so many features that I found it distracting, which led me down the path of writing it myself. That’s the Perks of being in IT – develop something if you can’t find the software.

This was the birth of my Novel writing software: Novel Studio 2010. It took a while but I finally completed it, and then completed my novel using it... a double scoop of satisfaction.

I’m making this software available for free – please if you can comment on the software. I would like to improve and extent it, to create something useful for all writers in the community. Why don't you try it for free?  http://www.ronniebarnard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment